First I want to thank everyone for their prayers and testimonies. I
am so so so touched. I am amazed at the love and support I have
received from others. Please let people know we have such a small amount of time on the computer at the MTC so I will try to write everyone who has written me a personal letter. Their prayers are helping me soooo much, my Chinese
is improving, my memorization too, the tones are
a bit of a struggle but I am still doing my best.
| My Roomies! |
Remember Yang Ju? We taught him 6 lessons in one week basically. On
our last lesson with Yang Ju, I became sooooo sick that I couldn't
speak the whole time leaving Sister Strong on her own to teach the
lesson. I felt so bad for her and Yang Ju. Each lesson
we have with him, we improve on our Chinese and we're able to answer
questions he has. I can probably understand him about 60% now. Sometimes
it's hard because I understand him a lot and know the answer to his
question and just not in Chinese so I study every
single day with my Chinese. So after our 6th lesson, we had a break and
after the break we came back to class and guess who is our teacher???
Yang Ju. His real name is Brother Lew. Guess who's going to be our
investigator??? Our regular teacher. It was so hard
for me to understand Brother Lew at first but now my brain is adjusting to
his voice, and his teaching. I feel your prayers, and I know that it's
helping me so much!
How are Ron and Traci? Are they doing good? I would love to hear
from them one day, either email when their service is back up or an old
fashioned letter. How is the What's Up Dragon company doing? How is Justin? I would love to write him. I hope you'll have fun with Bonita! I am looking forward to your Wave from the freeway! Haha.
| My view each morning when I wake up |
Missionary Work is soooo amazing. We all have sacrifices with our time
to the Lord. I am amazed with how many Elders and Sisters there are and
how their testimonies increase each day. I love what your wrote about Elder Lee and his comment, I needed to read that.
There is another sister missionary I wanted to have a better friendship with so every single day I prayed for her. I got the feeling that I needed to write her a letter of things that I liked about her. So I made a positive list about her and gave her the letter. She read it and gave me a cookie with a smiley face on it and said, "We are now friends." I went to an amazing devotional yesterday. Sister Peggy Worthen said, "No matter how others treat you, always be happy, friendly, and polite to them." So that is what I have been trying to do because I know it will help me on my mission.
I went to the Provo Temple yesterday and went for a Temple walk.
It's soooo amazing. As I was sitting there at the temple, I saw that the
Temple has mirrors all around the building. You can see yourself in the
mirror, you can see others in the mirror, you
can see the worth of souls through the mirror. Everything was green, the mountains were gorgous through the mirrior and it reminded me of God's creations
and how he created the world for us. Then it led to the reflection of
me..... How do I want the world to see me?
There are so many things that I need to work on. I want to become one of
Heavenly Father's amazing warriors and be an example so that others can see
that Light of Christ.
| I love seeing old friends! |
I had an amazing opportunity to attend a devotional on Tuesday night with John H. Groberg and his
wife. It was so amazing and so powerful. He
said to Bear Your Testimony Frequently! We can bear our testimony
through what we say, do, sing, pray, and write, and by who we are.
Be grateful that you have that light within you, that gospel in our
lives. He said that we should rejoice, "Hurrah for Israel, Hurrah for the
Gospel, Hurrah for the mission, Hurrah for opportunites, Hurrah for the
future, Hurrah for forgiving, Hurrah, Hurrah,
Hurrah." Thomas S. Monson said, "Sometimes we will be tempted to
think," Will my influence make any difference? I testify that it will." I
do agree with that statement.
I want to give my testimony about the Book of Mormon, I testify that it's true and that it's the word of God. I challenge myself to read my Book of Mormon each day and I can feel God's love and I cannot deny that feeling. The BOM can change your thoughts, actions, what you say, and how you feel. It's the light of my life and I am so grateful.
Last night we had the opportunity to watch "The Character of
Christ." If you haven't seen it, go watch it! It's amazing. What was
crazy was that the movie didn't have Close Captions or an interpreter, so I prayed to
understand the movie. I understood it 100%! How amazing
prayer is! One of the most amazing stories that Elder Bednar said that
touched my heart so much was about a woman who lost her daughter in a
tragic accident. This woman called Elder Bednar and at the same time she was
talking to the nurse. The nurse identified that there
were 3 girls who were involved in the accident and one of them had died
and it was her daughter. This woman (who lives far away from the hospital)
told Elder Bednar, "Can you go to the hospital and identify the girls because we need to let the other mothers know."
That's a true character of Christ. She didn't ask "Why did God let this
happen? My daughter is dead." She is a Relief Society President and her only child had died. The first thing that she said and did was to care about others. The morning of her daughter's
funeral, a lady from her ward said that she had a cold and people were
so rude that they didn't stop by to bring soup or take care of
her and she continued saying mean things to the this mother. The mother, on her
way to her daughter's funeral, stopped by and gave
her a meal and took care of her and then left for the funeral. That
is a true chracter of Christ. She sacrificed her time loving others no
matter how hard her life became for her. Elder Bednar reminded us how much
Jeus Christ loves us. He died for us, He suffered
for us, and no matter how many people spit upon him, beat him,
scourged Him, He still loved them. When he prayed in Gethsemane he
prayed and suffered for our sins, He didn't focus on himself, he focused
on others. When he was Crucified, He prayed for others
and he worried about his mother.
I bore my testimony in Chinese yesterday in Sacrament Meeting and it was awesome. I want to become more like Christ and each day I am learning
something new. I love this gospel and I do love my Brother and my Father
in Heaven. I want to bear my testimony,
Wo zhi dao Shen ai women. Wo zhi dao Yesu Jidi shi Shen de Erzi. Wo
gan xie moermenjing yin wei wo ganshou ta de ai he ping an. Wo ai ni
men he wo qidao wei le ni. Wo men gan zie you fuyin. Jie zhe Shengling,
wo keyi zhi dao fuyin shi zhenshide.
Feng Yesu Jidu de ming Amen
I love you Mom,
Remember that You're amazing and I think about you every single day!
Love,
Mo Jiemei!
Sister Moore
No comments:
Post a Comment