| At the Halloween party at the church. So on Halloween we are staying in our apartment during prime time. President's rule. So we are going to have a junk food night and watch an approved church film. |
Heyo Mama,
I learned that Everything is not suppose to go in your own way. It's suppose to go in God's way for His way is higher than ours. No matter where we go, it's there for us. St. George or New York. New York is teaching me how to change myself into becoming what God wants me to be. I am learning a lot of new things that I possibly don't think I can do myself. For example, on Saturday I was feeling discouraged from the language and teaching, tired since I'm not getting enough sleep in this hot apartment, and weak and that happens rarely. So we just finished Stake conference and we were waiting for the bus to take us home. It was out of town in Jamaica, 30 minutes away from our home. It was 10pm. The assigned bus pulled over and once he saw that we were a bunch of teenager missionaries he pulled away leaving us. We were all frustrated, tired, and cold. Ten minutes later another bus arrived and picked us up. I sat down. My heart was weighed and I prayed to my Father above in my heart. I had been praying all day that day. After praying in my heart, I looked across from me and saw a mom and a dad with two beautiful girls. One maybe 2 and the other one maybe 9 months old. The 2 year old girl was crying and screaming and the dad was doing everything he could do to get the child to stop crying by comforting and loving her. Once she stopped crying, she looked at me and started to smile, I smiled. She waved, I waved back. We were constantly looking at each other and waving at each other back and forth for like five minutes straight. When it was the family's time to get off the bus, I looked through the window and watched this family starting to walk away. But the two year old girl just stood there and looked at me as if she was telling me that she loves me and that God loves me and is pushing me forward. I know that God must have put me on this specific bus for a reason. I am amazed that God can answer my crying heart through that two year old. The point of this story is that if you ever feel that way, get down on your knees and pray or pray in your heart because God does know you and he knows your heart. He wants you to talk to Him. Pray even when you're not struggling, pray when you're filled with joy and love. My love for the people in New York has increased tremendously. I learned to "Forget yourself and go to work!
On Tuesday we had trainers and trainees meeting. We separated from our companions/trainers and went to a different room and there we met President Calderwood. He talked to us about turning our mind to great positive things. He told us a story about two different cities and a wise man between the cities. One family from one city was moving out and moving to another city. They met the wise man in the middle of their journey and asked, "What is the city like over there?" The wise man responded, "Well, what is your city like?" The family complained, "They are so rude, mean, negative, disrespectful, and blah blah blah." The wise man said, "The city that you're going to is the same as your city." Another family from another city was also moving from their city to the other city. They met the wise man there too and asked the same question, "What is the city like over there?" The wise man said, "Well, tell me about your city first." They responded, "We love the people there so much, we all help and support each other, we are so sad to leave them." The wise man said, "Your city is like the city you're going to now."
President Calderwood said that its all up to us to make each day a special moment. He said that if we keep looking for the next great big thing in life you're never gonna be satisified with this mission or for the rest of your life. Take each day and make it a gift and you will be filled with joy and happiness!
Look around you! You can find joy in simple things. I smile when I see someone laughing. I smile when I am teaching English class and the students are getting the English word right and you can see the big smile they have on their face! I smile when I see a parent comforting their child. I smile when I see a grandma pulling a beautiful flower off the bush and giving it to her 2 year old granddaughter. I love how that two year old is walking with that purple flower in her hand holding it carefully! It's amazing how you can find joy in everything!
I absolutely love this place! I am filled with joy doing missionary work. Please keep praying for my companion and me that we can continue to work harder and help other people and understand what they need.
I love you mom! You're my best friend!!!
Love your Animal Loving Daughter,
Sister Moore
Response to your email:
Everything is fixed in this old church. The inside of the church/ chapel is almost exactly the same as the chapel in the St. George tabernacle. Whenever I'm in the chapel, I feel like I'm in St. George. They are building a new church and it really beautiful but it won't be done till I go home: January 2016. So when we go back, we are stopping by the new church :)
The Language is coming little by little. I can say the words in my mind but can't speak it out right. I need to practice saying it out loud so I can become comfortable saying it. The Chinese that I'm struggling with is "c" which makes a "ts" sound. It's frustrating. I just wish I can get to a point where I can start understanding what others are saying so I don't need to have others translate for me all the time.
Facebook Post! Bahahaha! I can't wait to see that soon. Yes I'll be getting Facebook next week and I'm excited. I miss seeing pictures of all my family members! Nice poop picture you have there. What Justin said made me laugh too!! We have such an awesome mama who can easily make us kids laugh!! Glad you have everyone offering to help you with this kind of job when I'm not there!
I am glad the patio is getting fixed and the gutters getting built. We need a strong stable firm home!
I'm excited for all of you to go up north and go trick or treating! And Halloween and so forth. I am sending Brandon's birthday gift today so hopefully he'll get it. Whenever I talk about my family to other people, they are amazed with how young Brandon is as a police officer, how crazy Justin is with everything and how he makes everything an adventure, and how wonderful you are. They are amazed with you raising a deaf girl and your strong testimony.
Tell the Stewcox I said hi and that I love them and will be writing them soon. It's crazy that almost every night I dream about all of you. I can feel all of your happiness!
Wow Jacob's leaving already! Man.... Where did the time go??? He will do fantastic! I better write him before he heads off!
I'm happy to hear about the MMF thing. I'm happy you're getting blessed through it all!! My heart is filled with joy for you!
If I can pick any hero as my favorite besides my family.... I would have to choose Emma Smith. She is such an inspirational person with strong faith and I hope to be like her. So I'm glad you watched that movie.
So I thought a lot about Julie Robinson this past week. My heart breaks for her and her family. Do you know how Alex is doing? I wish I could send my love to her. I am happy she is with Sammy in heaven.
I am happy for Randi, I hope she is ready to become a mother along with her husband. I hope everything is going good for them.
I love all of you and how each of you are a blessing to my life. I pray for you every single day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment