Monday, November 17, 2014


Dear Mamasita,
I traveled the world!

This past week has been better. We worked a whole lot harder.   We went to Rego Park to meet with the President. He grabs my hand and shook it and held it. He was like a father to me. I sat across from the big desk from him and he just smiled and looks at me. He asked, "How are you doing? What are your struggles? What's your thoughts?" I told him I was feeling rushed and overwhelmed with the phone call situation. I could tell he was listening to every word I was saying. He then opened a scripture for me to read Mosiah 4:27: And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.

He asked me to slow down and take one step at a time. He asked about my hearing. He told me to control my stress by eating properly, sleeping properly, exercising, and relaxing. He said that stress and fear are overcoming my faith to hear and that's why I haven't been hearing good lately.

I asked him if he could give me a priesthood blessing and his response was, "I've been waiting for you to say that. You helped me develop my faith!"  He asked what I want in the blessing, I said "to develop my faith in hearing and not let fear overcome my faith and have the gift of tongues." He asked who I want to sit  in for the blessing, I said Sister Johnson. She knows me more than anyone in this mission except for President Calderwood and Heavenly Father/Jesus Christ. He asked Sister Johnson since she has been my trainer what I need in my life that he could say in the blessing. We sat in silence for a long time, she said, "Honestly she is doing really good..... Maybe the gift of hearing and interpretation." President asked if my health was good if I need to be anointed or not, I didn't need it. So he blessed me and then walked in front of me and said the blessing so I can read his lips. He stopped after saying 10 words of the blessing and said, " I feel a strong prompting to anoint you, I need to follow that." He went to his bag and got the anointing oil and anointed me and said the blessing. He gave a really spiritual blessing. In the blessing he said that I would  receive the gift of interpretation, the gift of tongues, the gift of faith, and have understanding of the Chinese culture according to my faith and faithfulness. He also said in the blessing to have the gift of hearing and not have fear replace my faith. I felt the spirit so powerful, I need to take an action of my faith to have the Lord help me walk every step of the way and in developing those gifts. I love being with president. After the blessing, Sister Johnson actually gave me hug. Sister Johnson explained to me that she honestly didn't know what I really needed because she thought I was doing really good. I really love having those two people in my life in this mission.

After the blessing I have prayed everyday to develop the gifts that president said I would receive. I prayed to not let fear overcome my thoughts and actions. I noticed that if I put my trust and faith in Christ my hearing increases, my ability to speak the language increases, and my gift of interpretation increases. I was absolutely letting fear take over by saying negative things and what if. I am doing a little better with the phone situation calling, leaving voice messages, but not at a point of Chinese conversation yet. That's ok, I will accomplish that one day.
I went on a companion exchange and came back to find this on my desk...Sorry Spider-Man, I am on a mission!

Sister Johnson and I were on exchange. I went to Little Neck with Sister Baker and I honestly love her. Honestly I missed having Sister Johnson as my companion, in fact I really missed her haha. As a zone we had to do Bishop Storehouse and so Sister Johnson and I saw each other. She kept talking with me and asking me for help and said "I am glad you're here." When I was with Sister Baker we went all over, we went to Flushing, Rego, Little Neck, and Lynbrook. We had to go to Lynbrook for a leadership training meeting. Sister Baker had to translate from English to Spanish. She was called to translate in the young women organization. The young women stake president spoke and at the end she looks at me and asked me to give a spiritual thought. Since it was young women I told all the leaders that I've been part of young women and stake girls camp organization. Young women has become a part of me. I told the leaders that they need to love all the girls as if they were their child, no matter how many mistakes they did, or how big their struggle are. The girls need us and we need them. The girls need someone to believe in them, they need love and so forth. Young women is my favorite organization in the church. I have such huge love for young women. I looked around the room; people were shedding tears. The young women stake president came up to me and said I felt the prompting to ask you to give a message and thank you. I am still receiving revelation that I was to be like Sister Elaine Dalton, it's insane. The girls  need someone who loves  and cares for them no matter what.  They are at a time where they are lost and confused, popular or not, trying to fit in a group of friends, they are at a time where they don't know who they are and it's our responsibility to help them, and be their friend and love them with all of our heart. I have such a huge testimony of young women!

A few days ago we had a miracle happen. One of our investigators we were going to drop texted us and said she had a friend who wanted a belief and that investigator chose our church. One of our less actives said she wanted to bring her friend to church. It's insane that our less active and a nonmember are bringing a friend to church. Another cool thing was, on Saturday (I was on exchange) Sister Johnson told me we had a new investigator. Her name was K and I was filled with joy because I knew her for two months because she comes to every English class. Sister Johnson told me that she tried teaching her the gospel and it didn't really happen so K went up to her and said she wanted to learn more about the gospel. Also we had an investigator come to church again on Sunday. She never comes to Sunday School and Relief Society. She never wanted to. So I was sitting by a member, L and told her that I was going to sit by our investigator. She asked if she could come and I said yes. We went and sat by our investigator. L and I wrote back and forth to each other in Chinese character about the investigator. I told her to invite her to come to class and relief society. She did come! Members are the key in this great missionary work. Afterward, I talked with that investigator about how she likes church. She really likes it. She doesn't speak English so we spoke 100% Chinese and I understood everything she was saying and words just came out of my mouth. The gift of tongues is real.

Thank you for the gift! Sister Johnson and I loved it. Sister Johnson actually admitted to me that she has never made pancakes before so I am excited to teach her.

About Facebook, you can comment or like a lot, no boundary really. I can comment and like other photos if 1) it's accomplishing my missionary purpose 2) I can look through Facebook newsfeed on Mondays and stalk everyone ;). With family and friends I can chat on Facebook on Mondays. But other than that my main focus is chatting with investigators, less actives, and members on Facebook. We post spiritual thoughts 3 times a week or more.

I stopped taking the MMF to see if I noticed a difference and noticed that my back and shoulder were in pain again.  I was in bad pain for 3 days. So I decided to take the MMF again and I am feeling better.  I love the MMF.  It is really helping me. 

Crystal, Me, Sister Johnson and Wang Fei
We are chilling out today in Flushing with the Brooklyn Chinese district. We haven't gone to the Statue of Liberty yet. We might latter this transfer I heard.  Last week p-day we went to Rego met up with president and ate out at Olive Garden for lunch and came back and relaxed.  Two week ago p-day Sister Johnson and I went to the science museum and it was a blast.  It's quite interesting.

I didn't do the little speech to missionaries. Elder Johnson asked me to give it this week instead of last week since he has something to say. So tomorrow I am giving a little workshop.

Mom, I can feel your prayers so strongly! Thank you for praying every hour. Sister Johnson and I needed it. I love you so much! I am glad things are going good. I understand about the same cycle thing.... Hopefully you can do something fun soon! You deserve it!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment