

Dear Hot Mama, future wife to be.
This is crazy, my mom is getting married?!?! 6 more days mama! I feel like it's all a dream haha. Congratulation mom.
This past week was good:
So I was Exchanged out to Jamaica.... Anyway let's talk about the miracles that happened. I was with Sister Wheeler. She is a creole sister missionary and has been out for about 4 months. She had nothing planned for the day so we decided to fearless and do some look ups. We decided to fearless out in the park for the first time. We met a man sitting on the bench. Sister Wheeler told me she was shy so I told her that I was prompted that we should talk to him. We went up to him and Sister Wheeler just talked to him and shared the Easter video, "Because He Lives" the man was crying and he told us his story of his life. He said he was praying for someone to go to him and we showed up. He knew without a doubt that we were sent from God to him. We assigned him to the Astoria missionaries and hope he accepts.
![]() |
| This little girl from Jamaica did this picture for me. |
Then we did some look ups and found a lady. She wouldn't let us in at first because she was getting her apartment painted and then I saw one of the paintings, and asked, "Is that your painting?" She said yes and let us in. She showed us all of her artwork. We asked about her BOM reading and she hasn't read it. We testified how the BOM blessed our life. We asked her about coming to church, she said she is afraid to come because people already looked down at her and she doesn't want to feel that way again. But she was willing to let the missionaries come and sit down with her and read the BOM. She gave me her number because she wanted me to call her... Hehe she likes me.
We met with a lot of people who are from Haiti, I love how their countenance changed when we tell them that there is a temple being built in Haiti. They all said, "That was the answer to my prayers." Most of them were in Haiti when they had that earthquake. It was crazy! There was this one family who I love very dearly. The parents were less active. They have four kids and plan to adopt a girl who was violently abused. None of the kids were members. The mom wanted to go back to church and go into the temple. The 18 year old son asked what a temple was. We showed it to him. He said he wanted to get baptize and get married in the temple. But he planned to go on a mission. I told Sister Wheeler to focus on that family. I feel so special about them.
![]() |
| Facial Party |
![]() |
| Kiki and Me |
![]() |
I've enjoyed teaching English class. I decided to learn how to love it. One of our investigators is funny! Anyway..... She comes to English class. I was talking about comparative like with er, est. So I taught weakest, weaker, weak, strong, stronger, strongest. I drew a picture from a person with no muscle to a picture with a big muscle so they get the idea.... Well she said, "ooooh a man with a big muscle.... I just want to grab it!" I couldn't help but laugh. Then I talked about my family because they saw a picture of all of you. She saw Harper and said, "She is soooo cute that I want to eat her." Great..... Hide yo family, hide yo niece!

![]() |
| Iris's Baptism |
So Iris got baptized yesterday along with 3 other people from the Chinese program! It was such an awesome experience! Iris and L, our investigator, have become such great friends. Yesterday after Iris got baptized, she was telling us that she planned to go shopping and eating out with L that day. Sister Lee and I looked at her and told her no and taught her about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. They still decided to go because L said, "I am not baptized yet so I can go out but I can make sure Iris doesn't spend any money." Whatever..... They go out....
L called, "Iris wants to know if she can buy food?"
"No."
"Iris wants to talk to you."
"Ok"
"Hi, this is Iris. I really have to buy food."
"Ugh... Fine, just today!"
"Thanks.... Hi, this is L."
"Hi L"
"So Iris can't buy anything on Sunday."
"Yup"
"Okay, I will watch her from now on... I got you."
Those two crack us up...
Then that night we had a Musical fireside. It was good even though almost the whole performance messed up but that's ok, through my deaf ears I could feel the spirit. I was able to perform. Elder McCabe played the piano, 12 year old Jessica Wu played the violin, and I signed. We played, " Lord, I would follow thee." It was a cool experience
![]() ![]() ![]() |
| Sister Lee and I at the Brooklyn Bridge! |
I have a testimony of the gift of tongues. I feel like I understand what's being said in lessons but outside of lessons it's hard. Sister Lee and I have been on splits and exchanges and so I had to speak Chinese on my own. The environment is so different when you allow the spirit work in you. Sister Lee and I were on splits once and I had to teach two women. We had a Chinese member there too. So none of them spoke English except for me. The lesson was powerful. I know she knows this is true, I saw it in her eyes! I hope she can take action on it.
New York was getting warmer and now it's pouring. When the sun is shining people are more happier. But they tend to get more crazy haha. I have gone through some crazy dangerous experiences already. I've been spit on, yelled at, asked by men to marry them, grabbed in the arm by a drunk man, followed by drunk men, it's New York. I've seen people fighting, cars driving on the sidewalk instead of the street, guys with pants down at their knees thinking they are cool. It's an adventure everyday.
We were fearlessing on Saturday and I was talking to a great friend, Tony. He is a Christian but always help us with English class. A drunk man came up to me. I knew he was there because he was breathing against my neck. Tony was tense but I kept my eyes at him and tried to talk with him. The drunk man grabbed me by the arm. 3 elders went up against him and he let go and Tony and one of the elders stood in front of me. Awkward. Crazy moments are coming back.
I am so sorry about Mike. For some reason I just cried.... I just cried for all the kids too..... I am so sorry about the situation. I will pray for the family.
I am glad and safe! Love you all the way from New York!
Sister Moore












No comments:
Post a Comment