Hey mama,
So first off, I want to let you know that I was released from my calling as a trainer for Sister Hu who isn't coming. But then I was called to train a different missionary, Sister Johnson. Like Trainer like trainee. I am leaving today at 3 (1 your time) to pick her up. Sister Johnson is a Chinese speaking missionary. We will be staying at President's house tonight and Tuesday is our new start of a new journey in Dyker Height, Brooklyn.
On Monday we taught official lessons to Chinese people about prayer. It was so awesome and they said they will try praying. They live with one of the investigators the elders are working with, P J. P J came in the end of the lesson and we asked him if he could pray with us. He said a prayer and said he will help others say their prayers so I am excite to hear if they have been doing it or not.
General Conference was amazing! We chilled out at the Cutting's house for 3 sessions and Karisa's house for the last session. General Conference was a success because ALL of our investigators and recent converts had the opportunity to watch it! How cool is that? They all loved it! I don't have my notebook with me, I packed it up so the thing I got most out of it was Trust in the Lord and the Atonement. Sometimes I lose faith in things I don't understand or the uncertainty of my future and sometime I forget who I am. But I must trust in the Lord through all things because He knows me and He knows where I should be. Sometimes along the pathway with forgetting who I am or being confused.... I have come to find out for myself that I have so many personal weaknesses that I need to overcome. General Conference said that once we understand the Atonement, that is where the healing begins. That is when we learn how to make our weaknesses become strengths. Now looking back on my mission, I have learned so much. I have come to rely on my Savior for His strength. He has molded me and shaped me. He is still molding and shaping me. I am grateful for General conference and how they truly guide us in these latter days.
Well it's sad to leave everyone behind. It's hard giving them a hug and walking away without looking back. Many people cried and they just made me cry! I am gonna miss them and they are ready to have me back in May with my mom!
Sister Larsen and my companionship has been awesome! People, like investigators and members, kept on commenting on our companionship and how we are such powerful missionaries together and how we changed lives and had many miracles and success together. Sister Larsen and I talked about our companionship. We both have had some hard times with our lives and we explained how much we helped each other rely on the Lord and healed each other. Sister Larsen and I have had so many great times and we worked hard. I am forever grateful for her and her example! I love her. We talked about hanging out lots in the future haha. She goes home in 7 weeks.
I love you mama! Pray for me this week! I'm gonna need it!
Love,
Sister Moore
No comments:
Post a Comment