![]() |
| Me and Sister Passey |
Hey Mama,
So I got transferred to South Shore (Long Island) English speaking. My companion is Sister Passey. I am in a driving mission as well... Bleh.
I feel like I left Flushing in a good spot. Everything I have worked on had turn into a blessing this last transfer. Preach My Gospel said, "Do all you can to leave your area stronger than you found it." And I did it. I left Flushing with average of 85 church attendance, about 18 lessons per week, bringing many less actives back, 5 super solid investigators and the changes they have made, a few baptisms, and I've change me because of them. When I said goodbye, they said, "Sister Moore,'I hope to become more like you." And "You will come back!" My heart is filled with joy and I cried saying goodbye.
South Shore is going good. I really miss the Chinese program and seeing all my sisters! I miss seeing the Chinese people and speaking the language. I hope to go back in the future because that is how much I love it. It was a dramatic week with everyone in South Shore. It's exhausting but I am really glad I got sent here. The people need a lot of help here. I feel like South Shore is exactly like how I started Flushing. Church attendance about 60 people and average of 7 lessons per week and no investigators. But I have hope in South Shore. We have about 3 deaf people now and I was lucky enough to interpret for them in church yesterday so I am excited to hear better, and also speak more fluent in English. Don't worry, I am still studying Chinese. I won't lie to you, I am homesick for Flushing but I will be fine. I've been sick and haven't been sleeping well because of the crazy dreams/ nightmares I have been having. I am homesick for the peope there. Please pray for me.
So far what I have heard about South Shore is that President Calderwood and the stake president had a vision of setting up an ASL branch and that is probably why I got sent here to get that started. We just have to find more deaf people. Please pray for us as we go through with this amazing plan the Lord has for us!
I want to tell you about Sister Passey, she is originally an ASL missionary and is from Cottonwood Heights, Utah. Ever since I first got here to New York, her dream was to be companions with me and it happened haha. At transfer meeting when the people found out where I was going and leaving the program there was a loud gasp in the room and the president smiled so big at me. Sister Hironaka and I left the Chinese program. Sister Hironaka is an STL! She has been my best friend throughout this mission so far and has written me letters and is motivating me.
So Zhaoyi (Smile) had her baby two days ago. His name is Aaron. I was so happy!!! Iris got confirmed yesterday! Sister Hironaka saw one of our favorite investigators in Bayshore, Miranda yesterday. Do you remember her? Well we transferred her to the other sisters and she will be getting baptized next Saturday and I will be there because she is in my area ahhh! Liz is now taking the discussions and she has completely changed. She and I talked over the phone yesterday and she wants me back, she is great and makes me happy. I can't believe the changes within her. So many good things are happening there. Let's make that happen here in South Shore.
Here is my scripture study this past week. I was studying about the life of Nephi. I want to be exactly like Nephi because of how he remained faithful through His trials. He has gone through a lot and became free from the bonds of his brethren on the ship, and he still kept his faith through it all. In 1 Nephi 17: 16 Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions. Nephi's example showed all of us how we need to rely on CHRIST and follow the guidance of the Holy Ghost, then Heavenly Father will help us through our difficulty.
I love my family!! I know that our family contains a lot of faith in our lives! I was studying about my 4th great grandfather, Edson Barney. I would consider him a great missionary. I was reading of how he was on his mission and he was accused for forcing a girl to become Mormon and carrying her off to Navuoo. He was in jail. They found the girl 10 miles away and that girl said that Edson did nothing to her. But everyone loved him, they would show up at the jail to hear more of the message of the gospel and Edson would just preach. The people told the sheriff, "If Edson is not out of jail, the jail will be destroyed the next day." Edson was freed. He remained faithful through his afflictions and knew God would deliver him. I love how strongly he testified of the prophet Joseph Smith and knew that the church was a true church.
I love ya mama with all my heart!
Sister Moore

No comments:
Post a Comment