![]() |
| One of our bad days, so we got ice cream! |
Hey Mama!
I am glad you were able to attend to Luke's mission opening call. I am really happy that we are able to be close with the Sutton family and keep in contact with them. I can't believe Luke is growing up so fast! I remember when he was just 14 year old. Ahhh! It's really cool that he is basically serving in his father's mission. There is a sign why he was needed there. That took me back to Eric Lee serving in his father's mission and miracles that were happening. Luke is going to be a miracle in his mission! That is sooooo exciting! The Lord knows what He's doing! The gospel is so true and powerful! The Lord is truly hastening His work!
South shore is getting a lot better. We struggled teaching members but we were on fire teaching investigators. We have found about 3 new investigators this past week and two of them are deaf. So we are excited to work with them. The two deaf people that came to church last week came yesterday as well. They liked to go to different churches and hopefully they like it. The husband is filled with the spirit and his wife has a lot of hard questions. So they came to church, the wife explained a little about her family history and she is from Greece. So I told her that my father's family came from Greece and she freaked out and was so excited that she told me a lot about what Greece was like. I showed her our family history tree and she really wants to do the tree so we are going over there to talk about Family History and help her set it up. I think that could be the turning point in her life and conversion. Please pray for us as we teach them Family History and help them set it up. There is a lot of people here who want to learn about their family history including missionaries. I am lucky that you have worked so hard on family history! Thanks mom! You're the best!

The 1st counselor from the bishopric is an amazing guy. He pulled me aside and talked with me. He wants me to give a talk about Family History on Sunday so I am excited. We had a meeting with the bishop and the missionaries talk. It was a hard meeting but very rewarding. We talked and sometimes we missionaries forget about our life before our mission because we are use to sharing the gospel everyday now. He really opened our eyes a lot about the people in the ward struggling and needing love. So I took the Bishop's advice and went forth. Loving the people rather than piling up the lessons onto their life. He said instead of asking for referrals, ask if they need help. So we talked with members and everything just changed and the people and I were talking and I can feel God's love there. I can feel just talking to them they are changing their life and strengthening their testimony too. I love the members so much here.
One funny thing, a man returned from his mission and gave his homecoming talk. So people came for him. I met this lady and she knows a little sign and we talked. She looked at me and said that I looked familiar. Our conversation led to saying Nathan Van De Graff (my seminary teacher) is her brother in law. So we connected. Her son recently came home from his mission three months ago from Poland and he knows Kylee Simpkin. He and I talked and he is an amazing guy. So small world haha!
Ready to hear a cool thing..... I went to Miranda Zhao's baptism yesterday!! Remember Miranda?? Sister Hironaka and I taught her for two months and then passed her over to Bayshore. I got permission to go to her baptism. It was a nice surprise. It was what I needed. Miranda was grateful I was there and she sent a long text to us and I just loved her and I am so proud of her!
Unfortunately my Chinese has gotten worse. I tried to speak Chinese the other day and I couldn't remember basic words. I am gong to need to do hardcore language studying. Miranda and Sister Hironaka noticed so hopefully I can remember it when I go back! I do like signing but have a hard time understanding signs. But I love having the connection with people here signing. It's fun to do it here. Also my English is getting better too! My hearing is decreasing so when I get back I want to get my cochlear implant rechecked and tuned so I can hear better.
I learned a lot about faith this past week. In James 2: 17-18 it says: Faith without works is dead. If you want miracles to happen, we need faith and work. If we want to become like Heavenly Father, we need faith and work! If we want to understand His plan, we need faith and work!
I love you mama! This week was a hard good week!
Love
Sister Moore








No comments:
Post a Comment